Tuesday, September 16, 2008

French Greg

Almost a year ago my cousin Jessie met "French Greg" (as we Americans like to call him) through an American/French website and have been great friends ever since. Just to give you a little background (for those of you that don't know), Jessie's sister Sarah is fluent in French and is majoring in French at The University of Louisanna at Lafayette. So both Sarah and Jessie have made a lot of French friends over the years and have even hosted a few exchange students.

I was introduced to Greg about 4 months ago and we have also become good friends. When he mentioned he wanted to come visit the states I thought it would be a great idea to have him come stay with my family. Ya know, to get a little culture going in my house and help him save some money. My parents were a little skeptical at first...ya know the whole internet thing still freaks them out but they finally decided it would be ok. So on August 8th Jessie, Sarah and I picked "French Greg" up at the airport and so began our 3 1/2 weeks of living with someone from another country. The language barrier was a tad difficult at times, but all in all he understood most things as long as we talked with "slow and simple words". It really was a joy to have him around and when it was time to say goodbye I have to admit I was pretty sad. But, I now have an open invitation to say at his house whenever I want to visit France. Who wants to go to France with me?!?!

One of the things Greg loves to do is ride his bike (my mom let him borrow her bike during his trip) and do "wheelies" all along the streets. So one day I decided to get him in action and this is what I was able to capture. He also has a neat trick where he rides straight up to a person, stops, tilts the back tire up and gives them a kiss (not everyone got the lip action like Jessie).




We miss you French Greg!!!!!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Those are great pictures! The kissing one is definitely my favorite. And I love your new header!

Unknown said...

so happy for the update... looks like you're getting more photoshop savvy! Love it!

Brent and Britta said...

What a cutie! Great shots! I also love the kissing one... well, I love them all actually!